Tina Tara is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We pledge to keep any personal information you give us safe and secure and process it following applicable data protection laws.
You must read this policy to ensure that you fully understand the reasons why Tina Tara processes your personal information.
Personal information we may collect
- Your contact information including your full name, gender, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers when you register or sign up to a Tina Tara service
- Your payment details for purchasing our products and services
- Account information and other security details for access to Tina Tara secure areas
- Details about your computer, your IP address, browser type and browsing activity whilst on our website
- Your marketing preferences or information you provide in any communication when you participate in any Tina Tara blog or forum on our website
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to Tina Tara from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through the Tina Tara website or by any other means.
Why we use your personal information
- Provide our products and services to you
- Manage our relationship with you, which may include notifying you about changes to our products or services; asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Create and manage online accounts
- Provide you with the ability to take part and use interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Communicate with you, and manage your involvement in promotions, offers, events and market research
- Reply to queries from you and other third parties, plus enquiries from law enforcement agencies following applicable law
- Measure or understand the usefulness of the advertising Tina Tara provide to you
- Obey and apply appropriate legal requirements, pertinent industry standards and contractual responsibilities, and
- Allow Tina Tara to establish, exercise or defend our lawful rights and legal claims
How we collect your personal information
- When you communicate with Tina Tara through our websites, including completing forms
- When you purchase our products or services
- When you communicate with Tina Tara by email, phone, post and mail
- When you take a Tina Tara survey or register and complete a competition
- When you sign up for our publications
- When you register an online account through the Tina Tara website
- Provide feedback on our product and services
- When you make use of our social media channels to talk with us
- By way of direct marketing communications, and
- Information Tina Tara may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
Tina Tara will only ever process your personal information if we have a legitimate basis to do so. The legitimate bases we rely on are;
- Contract – this is where the processing of your information is required by Tina Tara to satisfy a contractual arrangement that Tina Tara has agreed with you.
- Business interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal obligation – This is where Tina Tara has a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information to comply with the law.
If you do not provide the necessary information when requested Tina Tara may not be able to fulfil existing contractual arrangements with you, enter into new contracts with you, or meet our legal commitments. Therefore, Tina Tara may be unable to provide you with our products or services and may have to cancel existing contractual arrangements.
Who do we share your data with?
Tina Tara may share personal information with third parties for the purposes detailed below:
- Service providers that help us operate our business, such as providers of analytics, payment processing, technology services, marketing affiliates, advertising, data storage and hosting
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, concerning satisfying our legal responsibilities and processing requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels or other parties, where required by Tina Tara, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where Tina Tara is sold or combined with another business, our advisers and any potential buyer’s adviser and the new proprietors of the business.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to Tina Tara, we will only sell your personal information where you have given us explicit consent and it is lawful to do so.
You can disable cookies, though this may limit the functionality of the Tina Tara website.
Do not track (DNT)
For further information concerning “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Tina Tara attaches great importance to data privacy and the protection of your personal information. In this case, we take appropriate technical and management measures to ensure that your personal information is protected under our control. We will implement appropriate security measures according to the type of processing, and frequently review these measures to confirm that they are still adequate.
Tina Tara will not hold on to your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. This means that information will be destroyed when it is no longer needed.
Under certain conditions, we may anonymise your personal information (meaning it can no longer be linked with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Minor’s privacy protection
Our services are not suitable for minors without the explicit consent of their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians are responsible for the minor’s personal data submitted when registering to use our services or website and will be consenting to the collection and processing of the minor’s personal information by Tina Tara.
Under certain circumstances and where appliable data protection laws apply you may request access to your personal information that Tina Tara process; ask that we correct your personal information that you believe is inaccurate, ask that we delete your information, and let us know that you wish to opt-out of marketing communications.
Rights of California residents
If you are a California resident you have the right to request that Tina Tara disclose the personal information we collected, processed, disclosed or sold in the past 12 months about you. You have the right to ask that Tina Tara correct your personal information that you believe is inaccurate and ask that we delete your personal information (subject to certain exclusions). You also have the right to opt-out of Tina Tara selling your information.
To make a request to Tina Tara, please see the “How to contact us” section below for our contact details.
Tina Tara will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
We will not transfer personal information outside the United States. If this were to change in the future, we would only transfer your personal information outside of the US where we are satisfied that appropriate levels of protection are provided to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or suitable security measures are followed and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Non-US residents: If you are accessing this website from a jurisdiction outside of the US, please be aware that your data may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you are located, and following the data transfer regime stated for US residents.
Changes to this policy
Tina Tara may need to make changes to this policy periodically, for example, legislative changes. When changes are made, we will revise the ‘Effective Date” of this policy.
We recommend that you check this policy regularly to keep up-to-date with any revisions.
How to contact us
Effective Date: 8/03/2021